Monday January 30, 2017
Single this valentines? Take the opportunity to book a memorable trip abroad.
Think of it like this, you are your own boss, so you can do whatever, and go wherever you want. You can create your own path to a much more confident and cultured you.
So where can I go?
Below we have listed two incredible holiday destinations, which at this time of year are delightfully warm. Both destinations are surrounded by inviting seas and are home to friendly locals.
Thailand is a great destination for solo travellers and at this time of year the average temperature is approximately 28°C. In Thailand there really is so much to do.
From buzzing street food stalls, to royal temples, to stunning islands and national parks, you really are spoilt for choice. Thailand is also renowned as being one of the cheapest holiday destinations, with affordable accommodation and transport rates, and ridiculously cheap, nutritious food. You can make your trip a more memorable one by trying some of the local delicacies, such as Larb Mote Daeng i.e. red ant eggs or Scorpions. Even if you don’t enjoy the taste, you will have some amusing pictures or videos to show your friends and family at home.
Snorkelling is also a popular activity for travellers who visit Thailand. From aqua blue waters, to beautiful corals covered with aquatic life.
An archipelago of islands located near East Africa, perfectly combines the serenity of the Indian Ocean, while also providing travellers with endless wildlife-spotting opportunities.
For those of us who want to have a more relaxing holiday to increase our physical and mental wellbeing, Zanzibar is the perfect destination. The natural beauty of these islands with dense rainforests and borders of white sandy beaches, can only promote positive emotions.
There are also several yoga retreats on the islands. The yoga retreat, Flame Tree Cottages offers superb value for money in its uniquely designed accommodation, where not only yoga classes are provided, but also a one-hour massage, a sunset cruise and more surprises. You can take a friend if you wish to share in this unforgettable experience.
These beautiful Red Colobus monkeys, as shown below, are indigenous to the archipelago of Zanzibar and can be found in the Jozani Forest. These stunning primates are now classified as an endangered species, so the opportunity to see them should not be missed. There are several organised day tours that take you through this remarkable forest, so keep on the lookout for the Red Colobus monkeys!
How can I meet other travellers?
Today, there are so many options for meeting other like-minded travellers on holiday. For example, you could try themed tours such as historical or conservation trips, and there are different sizes of tours ranging from solo tours to large group tours and so on. It really depends of your personal preference.
If you are wishing to do a group tour to meet other travellers, G Adventures is a wonderful option. The beauty of these group tours, is that you do not have to worry about accommodation, food or transport, it’s all included! Though much of the itinerary is pre-scheduled, there are additional options for most days so you can choose what extra activities you would prefer.
G Adventures have a fantastic tour covering Tanzania and Zanzibar in 10 days. This includes; safari trips, hot air balloon adventures, camping in the bush watching the stunning starry skies, and much more.
Travel Health Advice
For any trip abroad, it is crucial that you take these 5 steps to ensure you are protected from a range of insect and waterborne diseases:
1) Go to your GP or local travel health consultant at least 2 weeks prior to travel, to arrange required vaccinations.
2) Visit our ‘Your Trip Planner’, a free online tool which provides you with specific travel health information and kit suggestions for the destination you are visiting.
3) Take a DEET or DEET-free insect repellent spray for daytime protection. All of our repellents are available in 60 or 100ml bottles, with application instructions clearly detailed on the product label.
4) Take an expertly designed mosquito net which will protect you from bites at night. We manufacture high quality mosquito nets, which are available as hanging or self-supporting structures. All of our mosquito nets have 300 holes per square inch, which is nearly double what is recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
5) Ensure you pack our Biox Aqua water treatment tablets to kill a wide range of potentially harmful microorganisms found in river, lake, or even tap water. One tablet can make one litre of contaminated water safe to drink.
We hope you have a great trip and come back home feeling transformed and ready to take on new challenges.