Tuesday May 30, 2017
Whether you are travelling to a destination with a low or high risk of mosquito-borne diseases, it is always recommended that you should take the necessary precautions to prevent mosquito bites. Sure, there are insect repellents to apply for day time protection, but what about night? Mosquitoes are known to become more active between dawn and dusk when most of us are still asleep. Therefore, the simple solution is to take a mosquito net. But then there is the issue of hanging it up, where, how? This is why we have designed the Pop-Up Dome mosquito net.
First, here are some quick facts about mosquitoes:
What makes the Pop-Up Dome net so good for campers?
- Sets up in seconds- literally POPS open!
- Has two means of insect bite prevention - 300 holes per square inch, double that which is recommended by the WHO i.e. tiny holes so mosquitoes cannot enter. Plus, it has been impregnated with the latest Zi technology.
- Fits neatly into a backpack and is lightweight
Further Insect Bite Prevention Tips for Campers
- Mosquitoes are attracted to lactic acid which is produced when we sweat. We sweat most when in a hot climate or when being active, whether that be when we are mountain biking near the campsite, or having a morning jog before preparing breakfast for our campmates.
Our Solution? Wash Regularly!
- As previously mentioned, mosquitoes are most active at dawn and dusk. But what if you want to go and explore at these times?
Our Solution? Apply Trek Sensitive DEET-free spray before you go and explore. Easy application, no strong smell and lasts for up to 12 hours from one application, Trek Sensitive is a camper must-have. Containing 20% Saltidin, this insect repellent can also be used on children from the age of 2 and over.
If you found this blog useful, please follow us on Twitter and Facebook @PyramidProducts
If you are wanting delivery within the UK, please visit Healthy Travel.
If you are wanting delivery to a destination out with the UK, please visit Purple Turtle.